AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

importance of vacation
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

swne
Posted 2/27/2010 23:07 (#1097425 - in reply to #1097317)
Subject: Re: importance of vacation

Cambridge, southwestern Nebraska
I think vacations are important. It gets a person away from the business and gives me a different perspective on things I need to do. We also see there is a lot more to this world than what is in my backyard. I think it makes a better person out of you. You tend to see the big picture a little clearer instead of living in a microcausm. (sp?)
Some people just do not want to leave home or travel. To each their own. But I have a lot of good memories from the places I've been.
If you can't get your husband to go, find another wife who has the same problem and do some traveling together.
We usually have at least one week every year that we go somewhere and now that the kids are out of the house we travel a couple of times per year. We have been gone two to three weeks at a time and guess what, we came back home and I don't think it made any difference that we were gone. While the kids were growing up we took trips. They still remember a lot of that and now have the traveling "bug" as well.
Also, why does your husband feel he is tied to the land and doesn't afford the time off? I don't see that I am any less of a human being than someone with an 8 to 5 job and most of them get vacations. I really think he is just making excuses. My wife and I make vacations a priority.

Edited by swne 2/27/2010 23:11
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)