AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Getting dialed in- Old school .54 Hawken percussion
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Boone & Crockett
Posted 9/26/2024 20:59 (#10905811 - in reply to #10905746)
Subject: RE: Getting dialed in- Old school .54 Hawken percussion

M96 - 9/26/2024 20:08

whats the recipe for the ml10
I have several favorites, mostly using Accurate 5744, around 44 grains for most loads. I buy my bullets and sabots directly from MMP in bulk, those fancy 15 packs are way over priced. Hornady #4500 300 grain jacketed hollow points are awesome, readily available, and priced right. Barnes originals in 300 grain work well too, but much more expensive, and harder too find. These are all .458 bullets, MMP orange sabot. Can be snug fit. Hornady 275 XPB is an all copper bullet, very streamlined hollow point that have been outstanding performers, these are .452 IIRC, and designed for use in the S&W .460 magnum. I like Speer Deep Curls in .429 for pistol bullets, 240 or 270 grain when I can find them.. They are a fantastic bullet. That rifle is deadly at very long ranges with the rifle bullets. I’ve never been a fan of the double lung and let ‘em run crowd, I much prefer high shoulder, and all of these bullets will hold together and drive in deep to break both shoulders, generally never take a step type of performance.

Edited by Boone & Crockett 9/26/2024 21:10
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)