AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

So the next question is…
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

kb ag
Posted 8/24/2024 14:59 (#10864374 - in reply to #10864066)
Subject: RE: and the award goes to coup for the dumbest thing I will read all week

nc ks
coup - 8/24/2024 09:12

piperfarmer - 8/24/2024 08:35

why don't you go out and hire people to walk through the fields and pick up any corn that the combine might have dropped? Are you trying to gouge the insurance companies by not harvesting every single bushel. Why didn't you put on 400lbs of nitrogen. Aren't you trying to get every single bushel per acre no matter what it costs. Two faced be two faced.

No you win the award for dumbest post plain and simple.

I've read a lot of your stuff over the years coup. You have a lot of knowledge no doubt. You also share that knowledge with a whole load of arrogance quite often. Pride goes before the fall dude. We all need to watch out for that. The op was not suggesting gaming the system, we make decisions on every single field as to what moisture to harvest it at based on economics. No one can dictate at what moisture is optimum. It is different for everyone, different every year and different for individuals under different circumstances. Is the insurance going to be cheaper next year per your guaranteed bushels the higher your yield is. Yes it is. Low yield guys pay more per bushel of guarantee than high yield guys do. The insurance has that built in. I don't think letting grain field dry a few more points when situations dictate rises to the level of original sin that you seem compelled to orate on. Probably coulda let this one slide.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)