AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Raven 460 help needed again
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 8/11/2024 07:31 (#10846640 - in reply to #10846388)
Subject: RE: Raven 460 help needed again

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
KRK is correct.

The control of your section valves is done with some type of switch box, Joystick, relays or external wiring. It is NOT done within the 460.

When you turn on a switch, it should send 12V out on a wire to cause that valve to Open and spray. That wire also leads back into the 460 to inform it that the section is presumably ON. This is called "boom sense" and is necessary so the 460 can perform it calculations concerning area and applied rate correctly.

This is done for each section. So as KRK mentions if a boom section comes ON when it shouldn't or doesn't come ON when it should, the problem is not within the 460 but elsewhere.

Here's a test trick that can be helpful in such situations. Write down the current settings for the 460 on a piece of paper. Then go in and set the BOOM 1 width to 100, BOOM 2 to 200, BOOM 3 to 300 and so on. With the engine off and not moving enter in a self-test speed of 10 MPH. Push the speed key and you should see 10.0 or 10.1 MPH. Then with the Section switches all OFF, push the Area/hr key.

The value shown will be the area you would be covering with various sections ON at 10 MPH. With all the Section Switches OFF, the Area/hr should show 0. Turn the Boom 1 switch ON, the Area/hr should change to around 10.0 meaning around 10 acres/hr would be covered with that section ON. Flip off the Boom 1 switch, the Area/hr should return to 0. Then turn the Boom 2 switch ON, since the width is twice as wide as Boom 1, the Area/hr should show 20 acres/hr. Try this with the other Boom switches as well.

The Area/hr values should go from 10 to 20, to 30 etc. I suspect they will not in your case. This does not solve the problem but confirms the problem. Again the 460 is not causing the problem it is only reflecting the result of the problem.

Due to some problem with the BOOM switch wiring, I suspect the BOOM switches are not controlling the BOOM sections as they should.

The wiring must work correctly so that each BOOM switch controls exactly one section only from left to right.

Edited by tedbear 8/11/2024 08:39
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)