AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

My Tesla in Hot weather
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

BeerBudgetFarms
Posted 7/28/2024 08:47 (#10829213 - in reply to #10829195)
Subject: RE: My Tesla in Hot weather

Ed Boysun - 7/28/2024 08:31

Hi Ron, Yes, every vehicle has warts. This Tesla is no exception.
The car has at least six outside cameras, but no bird's eye view for parking and maneuvering in tight spaces. It also lacks a front facing camera in the lower front of the car.
I bought the car with the seven seat configuration, because the six seater was way more money than the seven. The seven seater is really only good for seating four adults.
Wish it was a different color than white and the interior was tan, rather than black.
I wish it had more range on a charge. The cruise control can be a bit finicky because it tries to adapt the full self driving stuff to this ordinary task. On smoky days, the car will sometimes limit allowed speed because of reduced visibility when I can see for miles. 
The cruise control seems to pick up the speed limit for a stretch of road by reading speed limit signs. The good part of that is, road construction with temp limits will be detected and the car will warn when you are over speed limit. The bad part of that is sometimes the signs will be obstructed by traffic and the car doesn't know what the limit is. Normal GPS systems have fixed speed limits put in a part of the maps. This car prioritizes the camera based  speed limit, and Montana signs are for a different night limit than daytime. That completely confuses the system and I have to set the limit manually when engaging cruise.
Driving the car without cruise engaged is tough because there is no real indication from engine noise or vibration that clues you as to just how fast you are going
I wish the tires would have more sidewall to soften the ride and be more forgiving to curb rash incidents.

how hard is it to watch your speedometer drive it like u would a normal car or can't you
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)