AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

My Tesla in Hot weather
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

HuskerJ
Posted 7/27/2024 10:46 (#10828305 - in reply to #10828030)
Subject: RE: My Tesla in Hot weather

East of Broken Bow
Ed Boysun - 7/27/2024 06:56

I'm comfortable with going 200 miles at the speed limits. If a guy slows down just 5 MPH, it's amazing what that does to the battery remaining figure. So, if you want to get to a more distant charger, just slow down a bit, until you see that you will have the percentage of range left that is in your comfort zone. 250 would probably be my comfort limit.
Having a charger every 150 miles along your path, virtually eliminates any range anxiety. All you need is enough juice to make it to the next charger.

Thank you for your reply.
The speed thing kind of mirrors what I see in our vehicles. My wife generally drives 5-6 MPH faster than me, and we have a flex fuel vehicle. People used to ask how much the mileage drops when using e-85. I said it depends. For example if I drive it and run e-85, it gets the same mileage as if my wife were to drive it with unleaded. I might add, we both get better mileage running e-30 through it than either straight no lead or e-85. Strangely, while e-85 is easy to find around here, e-30 is not.

Around 'here' 150 miles between chargers I think is pretty doable, but the problem arises in that some towns have only one charger. Does the app tell you if it is online or down?
EVs are popping up more and more around here. Mostly summer drivers from the city, usually relatives that moved out as farms consolidated, coming back to visit family or go to the lake. A few of them are acquaintances. For the most part they are happy to really happy with their EVs, but none of them said they are quite ready to make the plunge and have an ev as their 'only' car, at least not yet. OK, One of them who lives in the city was, but they also said they would just rent a car for the 2-3X a year they travel to see relatives.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)