AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Lets hear Good/ Bad of an 8230 Case combine.Would you own one of these machines?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Harvester91
Posted 7/27/2024 09:41 (#10828228 - in reply to #10826954)
Subject: RE: Lets hear Good/ Bad of an 8230 Case combine.Would you own one of these machines?

West Central MN
Common things to wear or cause problems on the 30series

Excessive cone wear, I can get about 900hrs out of a standard cone before needing to replace, tried extend wear but for price didn’t get any more time on it, I just hard surface the common wear spots when installing new standard one.

Feeder sprocket spline wear, new sprocket has grease zerk that lubes splines without having to remove gearbox, that and laser aligning it help a lot.

Vertical unload auger spline wear, went to a finer spline in all unload augers on 30 series and early 40 series, I get 700-800sep hour on vertical unload before upper splines are shot, can upgrade to what 20series had and what they switch the 40series back to which is a coarser splined coupler that goes over the fine spline shaft on gearbox.

Make sure has updated chopper bearings (silver housing is updated) can’t imagine there is many without new style been out for 10years now.

Have been trouble with rear axle spindles on 2wd models, nut comes loose on spindle. No first hand experience as I’ve only been around RWA models.

Rethrash housing can crack by upper mounting flange, I added a brace on middle of housing towards back of combine and still have original housing at 2500sep hours.

Rotor drive couple retaining bolt breaks, laser alignment of rotor gearbox to front bearing support fixes this, 40series went from a m10 retaining bolt to m16 And taperd shaft.

Engine fan hub, outer bearing turns on shaft and wears the snap ring off and fan goes into radiator. Have a updated fan hub bracket that uses bolt to hold hub on shaft. Have one I put green lock tite on bearings when installed and other I put the $1,000 updated bracket on. Kind of a hit or miss some wear snap ring of some don’t.

Definitely some other things that others can add, pretty sure I covered the big stuff.

We run 2 2014 9230’s, have been good combines both over 2000sep hours, one of them is for sale in classifieds

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)