AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Drying grain in super sacks
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

D6Joe
Posted 7/27/2024 06:55 (#10828029 - in reply to #10827703)
Subject: RE: Drying grain in super sacks

east central ND
There are a few suggestions above that might help. I don’t have any low budget quick fixes.

You didn’t mention how much volume you’re dealing with. A couple hundred bushels, or maybe a lot more?

But for next year I have a couple lower $$$$ ideas. I don’t know where you are, but sections of 12” perforated aeration tubing goes for little or nothing on farm sales in my area. These tubes along with a small used bin fan, say a 1 hp 110 volt would do the trick if you had some place to put your crop with the air tube in the bottom. Maybe installed a section of tubing somehow in the bottom of an older gravity wagon? I have, in the past put an air tube in the bottom of an old single axle farm truck. I made a plywood adapter so the round tube could but up against the open end gate, and bolted a fan to the outside. Kind of a pain to empty the truck, but it did work for a couple hundred bushels I did not get into a bin.

Here in eastern ND, back in the good old days before good aeration in the bins, most all the wheat and barley were swathed into windrows so the crop and weeds could completely dry down in the feilds, then you would need a belt pickup on the combine for harvesting. Smaller, old belt pickups and swathers go fro about scrap price on farm auctions here. But that would take an investment $$$ in machinery, and storing the machinery, and fixing the machines, etc , etc…

Edited by D6Joe 7/27/2024 07:05

(IMG_0762 (full).jpeg)

(IMG_0763 (full).jpeg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments IMG_0762 (full).jpeg (88KB - 28 downloads)
Attachments IMG_0763 (full).jpeg (137KB - 30 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)