AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Building new house to ADA specs
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Land_Surfer
Posted 7/26/2024 09:40 (#10826870)
Subject: Building new house to ADA specs

Anyone ever built a home to ADA specs (e.g. all doors, stairs, hallways and bathrooms large enough to be wheelchair accessible)? Just curious what it added to the cost of a standard built house. We are in the process of planning a new home and I’m through with the inconveniences of “small” and bumping in to things because of the lack of space. ADA specs are purely for convenience, not a need. I’m considering ADA specs because there measurements are standardized and items
Like doors are available and not custom made. I want hallways, stairs and a kitchen island that two people can pass without bumping into each other and doors I can carry an armload through without turning sideways.

I startled planning / designing from the inside out to avoid such inconveniences like closets being added like a box against a bedroom wall, useless hall closets that can’t hardly fit anything. Should be about the size of a Walmart when I’m done. Need room for a freight elevator from living area to basement (because it would be as handy as a pocket on a shirt ;-).

Edited by Land_Surfer 7/26/2024 10:55
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)