AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Just completed my August ag survey for the upcoming August wasde
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

fatan sassy
Posted 7/25/2024 12:40 (#10825695 - in reply to #10825599)
Subject: RE: Just completed my August ag survey for the upcoming August wasde

northern edge of north central Missouri
SoDak Farms - 7/25/2024 11:17

I can foresee it now if it were to happen. People complain, they ditch reports that many farmers love to complain about. Then privates drive the market, we can’t afford the data, so we don’t have a way to analyze/strategize very well. Eventually farmers down the road say the government should be doing this so it’s fair. Us as old timers if we are alive say “Well, back in my day they did, etc…”. Haha

I never understood the argument we need USDA reports to prevent privates from driving the market because they will have data that farmers cant get.
Doesnt compute in my brain. I think it under estimates farmers. We will never find out anyway. If farmers are happy I assume everyone is.

I would take my chances without those reports.

Whats the number going to be next report? Everybody is guessing because they know how important it is.
Thats all that matters now. We wait until they tell us. Then acclimate to it and cycle again.

Yeah, I would definitely be for only having actual planted acres and inspections/exports reports. The rest……no thanks I will figure it out on my own.

Thats me
But Im a libertarian minded guy so less government suits me just fine.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)