AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Harris and ag.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

Oliver1
Posted 7/25/2024 07:52 (#10825375 - in reply to #10825291)
Subject: RE: Harris and ag.

Alton, Ia
Boone & Crockett - 7/25/2024 06:00

Big Ben - 7/25/2024 06:48

Hilltop Husker - 7/24/2024 21:55

I don't know if you've noticed but nothing matters to broke people in this country. I don't care about the Supreme Court. I care about my business being able to get to another generation after myself.

I can't see how either option helps me in that quest. If I'm broke I don't care if the world burns and the Yellowstone volcano erupts. Because I'll have failed at my singlular purpose.

You’ll fail if you only see things with that kind of short sighted tunnel vision.

Yup. Pretty sad outlook. Current tax laws are extremely favorable for passing 24 million for a married couple to the next generation free of federal estate tax. And there are steps you could take to lock those exemptions in. Stepped up basis will remain for family farms, almost guaranteed. Any proposal I saw from the Dems to do away with it had a provision to grandfather in operations passed on to direct descendant that are actually working the land. My, and I’m certain Ben’s cocern also is what kind of country are we going to leave our kids and grandchildren. Supreme Court decisions overriding leftist ideals are of the absolute utmost importance.

Well done.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)