AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Plastic welding kit
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

boog
Posted 7/24/2024 14:21 (#10824437 - in reply to #10824389)
Subject: RE: Plastic welding kit

I have a plastic welder I bought of Amazon 3-4 years ago for less than $200, including carrying case & starter kit of plastic rods. Looks like a large soldering iron but has a dial control box to control heat Temps.

Usually on cracks I will gouge a V down the length of the Crack. Then will come back with a strip of plastic repair about 3/16" wide. Heat that on one side, lay in the V and heat the top me,ting it into the plastic. If it's something that needs strengthening I will cut a strip of stainless steel screen wire & lay that over the crack & with a wide tip in the iron, turn the heat up, and go back over the wire melting it into the plastic. Next, I take a strip of the flat plastic repair and melt that over the wire so it is covered.. Finally, if needed I will sa d the patch smooth & paint if necessary.

For small cracks I use a small tip that has a hollow sleeve in it. Insert a small dia plastic rod in the the sleeve & gradually push down on the rod as you heat the cracks slowly dragging the tip towards me. . If joining 2 pieces together I will turn the heat up on the iron & melt the 2 pieces together enough to hold them in place. Then weld the other side together using a plastic rod then do the first side using a rod. Just did a sensor that way on our sprayer that centers the boom where the side that bolts to the bracket had broken off.

I apologize for the poor descriptions.

Edited by boog 7/24/2024 14:41
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)