AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Come on guys!
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

AgAcGuy
Posted 7/24/2024 14:00 (#10824421 - in reply to #10824295)
Subject: RE: Come on guys!

Brazos Valley
Thanks for asking! Family is doing well, kids are growing like weeds. Oldest starts middle school this year and that scares the heck out of me. I tore a ligament in my right wrist back in January and it was painful enough that I went ahead and had surgery in May. They graphed a piece of tendon from the top of my hand and put it in my wrist as a ligament as best I understand. I had a pin in my wrist for 6 weeks. A week ago they removed my cast and that pin and re-casted me until August. It’s been a terribly inconvenient injury but it’s also forced me to step away from my business and that’s been good too.

I’ve got four full time employees and I’ve never truly let them fly own their own. A lot of that was driven by fear which led to control and once I submitted to trust the Lord and let them go it has truly been remarkable. We’ve done several jobs since May that I’ve never set foot on and that took a lot of courage for me. I truly have great employees and they care about me as much as I care about them and they’ve really enjoyed this new phase. The AC business in Tx will pretty much always be what you decide to make of it. People here will sell a kidney to have cold air it seems. I have chased larger projects this year and we’ve landed a couple of them which is crazy. I talked to a company today that is bidding the automation controls on a job I’m bidding and that guy said he’d heard great things about me from one of my competitors. That competitor is ten times my size and they do a lot of the commercial work in this town and the best part is I’ve never met the guy. We’ve had several phone conversations and I’ve sent him jobs that were too big for me and he’s sent guys to come help me on a unit that was over my skill set.

My latest crazy idea has been to buy a custom hay baling operation in my area. The owner got my info through my CPA and then as the world gets even smaller he buys feed from where my brother works and connected the dots. I’m strictly using this AC business to get to the point that I can buy a farm and then I’m done. I’ll either let one of my kids run it or sell it. I just want a farm big enough to maintain a fair living and use it as my retirement so to speak. It’s currently working in my favor as I get to write off farm purchases against my AC income because of the way I’m structured so it’s a win win.

Hope y’all are doing well up there!

Caleb

Pvafarm - 7/24/2024 12:23

Yep, I responded to Tim- now I remember like I told him. How's your family doing and I'd assume business IS good?
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)