AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Neighboor Cows Destroying Crops and Road Hazards
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

chickenqueen
Posted 7/24/2024 08:38 (#10823960 - in reply to #10823832)
Subject: RE: Neighboor Cows Destroying Crops and Road Hazards

Mid MO
His insurance should pay for the damage to the crops.

If the were my calves, I'd strip and ship those calves asap. They're high and would pay to fix the car easily. Solve at least half the problem right away. Lock up the cows for 3 days and then see if they can stay in after a hard reboot. If not, they're going to the home place or to their eternal home.

As good as corn smells, it makes me want to jump the fence and snag a few roasting ears! But cattle are high, and the risk of more damage is accelerating, time to act.

I run some ground that has junk fence so I understand the difficulty he's facing. One place is on the highway, I won't pasture the cows up against the black top intil the calves are weaned. I don't want the calves slipping the barbed wire. Another place has a couple trees down on a fence, that needs attention right now. Hot wire is keeping those pairs well away from the escape hole. No crops around and plenty of feed buys me some time.

I also have cows that aren't very close. Honestly, it's a pain, but having good neighbors makes it work. It seems like y'all are being very neighborly. He needs to get on the stick, imo.

Sometimes in these rental deals you have to accept that how you planned to run and market the cattle isn't going to work and just make the best out of what will work.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)