AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

PSA Prostrate blood test
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

roadranger82
Posted 7/16/2024 17:01 (#10814022 - in reply to #10813951)
Subject: RE: Get second test ?

Go see a urolagist, he will probably prescribe antibiotics, then a second test. A urinary tract infection can trigger a high psa reading. If the 2nd test comes back high, then an mri and a biopsy may be next. A biopsy isnt horrible, kinda like going to the dentist to get a filling, its uncomfortable for a few min, then its over.

A Biopsy will come back with a Gleason score. This is NOT the same as a PSA number. Gleason comes from the biopsy, PSA from the blood test

If you have a biopsy and it comes back positive (at least a Gleason 7 or higher) then have the doctor send the sample to Johns Hopkins for a 2nd opionion. They are considered the experts in reading the slides. Basically thats what it is, they put the sample under a microscope and grade it depending on how it looks.

I have had a friend who has been a Gleason 6 for 5 years, hes been under Active Survalience (repeated tests every so often), and it hasnt grown and he hasnt had to treat it yet, so if it comes back at that, dont feel you have to do something immediatly.

I was Gleason 7 5 years ago, I took time for the second opionion from Johns Hopkins, and a couple of months to weigh my options, I ended up having mine surgically removed. But explore all your options, before you decide how to procede.

All the treatments have side effects, surgery is immediate and get better with time. Radiation side effect show up years later somtime, and if you have hormone theropy with that then thats a whole nother set of side effects

While a healthy diet is a good thing, I certainly wouldnt depend upon that or ivomec to treat cancer. It would take a long time to know if it helped or not, and if not your cancer has had time to grow and spread.

Edited by roadranger82 7/16/2024 17:12
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)