AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Merschman vs pioneer vs Agrimaxx soft wheat
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

Skyhighballoon(MO)
Posted 7/11/2024 15:35 (#10806810 - in reply to #10806588)
Subject: RE: Merschman vs pioneer vs Agrimaxx soft wheat

Pilot Grove, Missouri
I don't grow much as I only plant wheat now on a couple small hilltop fields but I have been planting Merschman SRW wheat for like 7 or so years I think. Last time I price check against local Missouri varieties sold by my Coop, Merschman was slightly cheaper (treated vs treated). I like to plant their Bintee ultra-early variety so I can (hopefully) get double crop soybeans in before it gets too late. This year it worked out well, I got wheat out on June 13th and beans planted June 14th - beating my earliest turn around by like 10 days. My hilltop fields have a lot of clay and are not the best ground. This year my one field of SRW made 74 bu/ac which beat that field's record by 2 bu (which was 2 years ago using a Merschman Julie variety as Bintee was either sold out or not available that year). The other hilltop field I rotate wheat in has my farm record of 85 bu (also using Bintee). I don't have comparisons to Pioneer or Agrimax but previously on my ground whatever I planted before over quite a few years at best yielded in the low 60's, even when I was planting in my better creek bottom fields. So put me down as having generally good luck with it.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)