AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Late herbicide pass on soybeans?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

DeereMan97
Posted 7/11/2024 07:31 (#10806247 - in reply to #10806200)
Subject: RE: Late herbicide pass on soybeans?

NWMO
They’re defiantly early for us!

We started playing with some earlier planted soybeans over the last few years. Most of our beans are 3.0 - 3.4. We like them earlier because they finish out and are ready well before our average first frost date. And, they’ve been yielding really nicely to boot. Granted, we are putting them mostly on irrigated ground, on our dry land we’ve still be staying in the 3.2 - 3.6 range dependent on when they’re planted.

Last year we planted some 3.0 beans on April 25th if I remember the planting date correctly. Either way, we harvested them on September 19th, at 13.6% moisture, at 73 bu/ac. We’ve done 2.8 before, and now we’re trying a couple hundred acres of the 2.7’s to see if we can get them harvested prior to September 15th to capture the higher basis that typically falls on its face from September 15th onwards.

I considered dropping the water down to 8 gal/ac and running 40 oz/ac of round up to get a more concentrated droplet and use a nice dose of AMS with it to try and knock it down. I don’t like the idea of using clethodim and oil this late

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)