AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

For you Excel wonks out there...
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

Mark in NEMO
Posted 7/9/2024 12:47 (#10804096)
Subject: For you Excel wonks out there...

Northeast Missouri
I posted about this worksheet over in Crop Talk but wanted to drop a note about it here for anybody who does a lot of work in Excel...

I've completed version 2 of an Excel sheet I've put together for herbicide application records and calculating quantities of each product in a batch. In case you're interested, the formulas show how to use FLOOR and MOD functions to calculate successively smaller units of measure.

For instance, if you apply a product in ounces, the batch calculations can show the total amount of product to use in gallons, quarts, pints, and ounces. Or just gallons and pints. Or gallons to two decimal places. Or gallons and ounces....basically any combination of UOMs you choose.

The FLOOR function rounds a calculation result down to the nearest whole number (there are other ways to use it, but that's the gist of it for this purpose). And the MOD function returns the remainder of a division formula. So if FLOOR calculates the whole number of gallons to use, the MOD function calculates the amount left over to be shown in some other unit (quarts, pints, or whatever).

The image below shows several examples of different kinds of results.

You can download the worksheet here: https://www.mcreekag.com/downloads.html ...free to use and modify.

(pestrecordbatchvariety (full).jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments pestrecordbatchvariety (full).jpg (104KB - 140 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)