AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Raven 460 manual rate control
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 7/6/2024 06:41 (#10799977 - in reply to #10799409)
Subject: RE: Raven 460 manual rate control

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
I can get it to read “self test” but how do I enter a test speed? If I hold down the self test button it toggles through a couple things I haven’t been able to read because of the blacked out/reverse contrast screen. But if I release self test button it goes back to reading “self test” and does not accept any input.

The words or abbreviations that pass by when you hold the self-test keys are the initial settings. By initial settings, I mean the country and thus units you will be using which could be US (United States measures with inches, feet, acres, gallons) or SI (System International-metric meters, hectares, liters). You would want US.

Next is the input speed type device. The choices are SP1 (older slower devices such as a magnetic sensor on a non-driven wheel) or SP2 (fast modern devices such as a radar gun or radar like output from the a GPS system). I believe you mentioned GPS, if so choose SP2.

The next choice is the type of control system you are using. There are various choices which have expanded through the years. Your picture shows a Raven Motorized Control valve so your choice would be STD (standard). Other choices you might have include C-F (Control with a Fast Valve), C-FC (Control with a Fast Close valve), PWM (Pulse Width Modulation) and maybe others. You would want Standard.

On the older Ravens with two data windows, they had to abbreviate which made this hard to read. If your display is bad that will be worse. If these settings do not match your equipment, you won't have a prayer of this working.

The 3 way section valve arrangement you mention where the flow returns to the tank when a section is shut off will cause even more confusion with most Raven systems since with a section off, its flow will still go through the flow meter. The assumption with most Raven systems is that any flow going through the flow meter is getting to the ground. When you shout off a section, the system knows this and uses a smaller width and thus calculates a smaller number of acres than it was. It then cuts down the flow if necessary to compensate. Since part of the flow is returning to the tank in this situation, the flow meter is not correctly reflecting the amount getting to the ground.

Some Raven's can accommodate those situations with a setup called controlled reflow. You want to stay away from that.

Again you really have a lot of things working against you with older less than perfectly working components and many areas of confusion.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)