AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Raven 460 manual rate control
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

ccjersey
Posted 7/5/2024 13:17 (#10799409 - in reply to #10799054)
Subject: RE: Raven 460 manual rate control

Faunsdale, AL
That’s the plan. Haven’t tried the simple relief/pressure control setup yet, but I used to spray with my 3 point hitch sprayer with 60’ boom using that setup.

In that sprayer, in an effort to keep rate constant when shutting off boom sections (3 on that sprayer) I eventually installed 3 way valves and had throttling valves on the returns to mimic the resistance to flow of the boom section that was shut off. I won’t have that on the SpraCoupe since it has simple on/off two way motorized ball valves, but I can live with it until I get caught up and can get the Trimble setup installed.

There’s nothing much in any lines, the solids were all trapped in the boom section filters. Main strainer ahead of the flow meter had almost nothing in it first time I cleaned strainers and nothing the next time. It’s a coarser mesh screen than the boom section screens.

I plan on flushing it all to make sure, but I learned to watch the right outboard boom section and when those nozzles started checking off, it was time to stop and clean the filters. The supply to the boom valve manifold is next to that right outer section valve and it is the only section on that side of the supply T, so it got more than an equal share of the sludge. All I was trying to do was get that sludgy crap out of the tank without just dumping it on the ground, so I wasn’t too concerned about having some skips and streaks in it.

I figured the flow meter might be a problem but it’s clean and spins freely. Also don’t think it likely would read extreme high gpa if the flow meter was bad. Maybe I need to investigate the speed reference from the 250 but first I want to do the self test.

I can get it to read “self test” but how do I enter a test speed? If I hold down the self test button it toggles through a couple things I haven’t been able to read because of the blacked out/reverse contrast screen. But if I release self test button it goes back to reading “self test” and does not accept any input.

So, how do I enter the self test reference speed? I suppose it will calculate some values like gallons sprayed/hr or acres/hr that I can use to check its accuracy

Thanks for the explanation of the boom numbers, I’ll go through all that and correct now that I know how that all works.

I appreciate your efforts. I looked back at multiple old threads where you have helped many other people. Trying to glean what I can from those replies.

Edited by ccjersey 7/5/2024 14:29
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)