AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Illinois and Indiana rain
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

boog
Posted 7/4/2024 19:00 (#10798586 - in reply to #10797837)
Subject: RE: Illinois and Indiana rain

We're in a dry pocket. Rains seem to split to the west of us & go north & south. .32" of a much welcomed rain today. For June we had 1.6", less than 1/2 of a normal June.,

If the old saying " you don't have a good wheat cropm& a good corn crop in the same year" we could be in trouble.Best wheat crop I've seen in my 73 yrs on this green earth. 120+when 75 -80 is a good crop. 61-62# two & all ran 12-13% moisture. Only other 100 bpa wheat I remember was back in the mid '60s. Also earliest I ever remember cutting wheat, finished June 22, normally just getting started by the 4th of July.

Overall, our corn looks good for what we've been through. Tasseling now, so this rain really helps along with the cooler Temps. Early planted beans are looking good as well. Thin stands on the later planted beans due to a couple cold rains right after planting causing crusting. Went back in on a couple fields to add to the pops but not enough moisture to bring up 10% of those beans, probably have about 70k sta d between those two planting, We've had to patch in some corn because of the same reason.,

God has a plan, we just don't know what it is yet.

Edited by boog 7/4/2024 20:26
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)