AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Coons decided they liked field and popcorn also
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

r82230
Posted 7/2/2024 22:26 (#10796502 - in reply to #10796184)
Subject: RE: Coons decided they liked field and popcorn also

Thumb of Michigan
4020panther - 7/2/2024 17:41

Last year had two guys tell me to have a radio on at night in the sweet corn. (They both said have it on talk radio) One guy is a neighbor that grew sweet corn when he was younger and the other guy is a fertilizer salesman. Figured I could trust their knowledge so I tried it and it worked here. I did have several traps set also but didn't catch anything. I had the sweet corn in two separate patches probably 400 feet apart,,,,so I had a radio in each patch. I cut a square hole into the side of empty 55 gallon plastic barrels and put the radios inside barrels in case it rained.
I'll do the same thing this year,,, hopefully it works again.
Last year there was field corn planted all around the sweet corn,,,,,this year soybeans are planted all around the sweet corn. Not sure if that would matter but seems like beans surrounding the sweet corn would be better.
I think electric fence around any garden might be the best option...

Back before I gave up on trying to grow sweet corn, that the coons didn't get first. I tried the talk radio trick for a couple of years, didn't work. As a matter of fact, I think they might have changed the station to a rap music channel and had a bigger party. LOL

Lead worked only so, so. Even tried getting rid of the flies, too.

Maybe today's talk radio works better.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)