AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

2011 9770
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

c_mayer
Posted 6/29/2024 09:38 (#10791850 - in reply to #10791837)
Subject: RE: 2011 9770

Jeffersonville, OH
flatlander2010 - 6/29/2024 10:25

Adding autosteer and rowsense(for corn) kept my grandpa in the seat another 3-5 years. We would switch the screen and set the line.

This...they may say they are too old to figure things out, but they really aren't...the newer technology is easier to figure out than the first technology we put in the cabs in the early 2000's, and autosteer and better lights on newer machines really help the older farmers more than they will admit to their families, but they tell the techs about when they go out to work on something and ride a round or two.

We had to push my Dad into his first bean harvest since 1981 about 10 years ago when he started farming the family farm again...just knew it would be like it was in 81 with a floating cutterbar head. Finally had to get our combine tech who had been with him forever to talk to him, which went something like "shut up and get your stubborn old *** in that cab and go cut beans, you don't know how easy it is now." He's only 70 now, so got quite few years left I hope!

He loves cutting beans now, Class 6 machine, 40' head and Auto steer, and he can just sit out there and ride at 3-3.5mph like he wants and cut all day....and when he gets tired, Brother or I will jump in after dark and cut about 4-4.5mph until it gets too tough LOL

If he made the suggestion, jump on it!!
Chris
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)