AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

I hate not being able to see clearly
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

jwal10
Posted 6/10/2024 09:41 (#10769971 - in reply to #10768931)
Subject: RE: I hate not being able to see clearly

Western Oregon
I had cataract surgery 6 years ago. I had the crystal type. I was left handed and left eye dominate but because of a left hand injury, I had to change to right hand. I lost the use of my left trigger finger and it was unhandy to shoot right hand using my dominate (distance) left eye, we changed my right eye to distance with the surgery. Could never get my eyes right trying many different lenses. Finally gave up. I can't read for more than 10 mins. I see double, like a double roof line when looking at the peak, even with an eye patch. Finally surgeon did some testing and found my eyes never worked together, since birth, but my brain had dealt with it in it's own way. Explained why I never could read for any length of time. The new lenses confused my brain, still not right after 6 years, I get migraine headaches and have to sleep it off in a dark room. Still can't read for long. I wore an eye patch for a couple years when my left eye got tired after the surgery. My left eye is getting weaker, right now I am making do with progressively stronger cheaters. Feel like I need corrective lenses but I had so much trouble in my 50's with trifocals I just keep putting it off. I remove the right lens on my distance eye and use the left for my close or reading eye for small print. I can enlarge print on Chromebook. I do better with an eye patch, distance or reading. I have very good distance vision without a lens. I have never been able to wear sunglasses, it has always distorted my vision and causes headaches. Sometimes when looking at this Chromebook for too long, my eyes feel like they are swimming and everything goes black from a migraine, even wearing an eye patch.

My older brother had a bad fall from the forks on a forklift from working up high. He landed on his head and shoulder. In testing the doctor asked my brother if he had a hard time reading. My brother thought it odd that he asked that question. He was always pretty sensitive about that. My brother didn't learn to read until he was married. His wife would help him read the Capital Press farm paper since he loved farming. He especially liked to read the equipment for sale ads and his wife would help him sound out the words. The doctor said he could tell because the part of his brain that was used for reading was very small and underdeveloped. My Mom was a reading teacher and it always bothered her that she could not teach her own Son to read. He is a very good self taught mechanic, something that he always loved to do since a small kid. He didn't get that from Dad, Dad was a dairyman, equipment was a necessary evil, he was a livestock man, especially horses. Dad farmed with horses until after WWI, he was born in 1900....James

Edited by jwal10 6/10/2024 09:42
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)