AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Drone for taking overhead visual pics and importing into SMS
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Drone TalkMessage format

Crossflow
Posted 5/22/2024 10:36 (#10747732 - in reply to #10746638)
Subject: RE: Drone for taking overhead visual pics and importing into SMS

SE MN
Do you really need the overhead pictures to be in SMS? It is nice when they are, but it takes time to import them, and if doing one or more images per year per field, and you have a lot of fields, how large will your backup file get? For a one time scenario to document wet/low spots/help with tiling SMS works good for me. If I get overhead images made, most of the time I have just been storing the images on the hard drive and not putting in SMS due to importing time and fears of the SMS backup file getting too large. Each picture of a whole field might be 150+ mb, depending on resolution. Lower resolution images I would expect would be less storage required. Any images I have imported into SMS from a drone have been .JPG from Mavic Air 2s.

I'd suggest you take a screen shot of a field from Google's Aerial imagery, then import the relevant area of the screen shot into SMS, to get familiar with the importing process.

edit: Just to clarify, the 150 mb overhead pictures, are drone images stitched together images from Maps Made Easy.

Edited by Crossflow 5/22/2024 14:11
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)