AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

NEW DRONE....LOOKING TO BUY FOR PICTUES AND SURVALENCE
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Drone TalkMessage format

ScottKS
Posted 5/15/2024 14:04 (#10740818 - in reply to #10739841)
Subject: RE: NEW DRONE....LOOKING TO BUY FOR PICTUES AND SURVALENCE

What's you're budget and how much do you think you'll be using it? Do you want to fly even if it's windy?

I recommend DJI drones, but I admit that's the only ones I have ever flown. I've had such a good experience with them, that I won't look at any others. I've flown a Phantom 4 pro plus since 2018 and now a Mavic 3 for work and they've performed almost flawlessly. I have had the Phantom stop in one place a couple of times and I had to walk to it to retrieve it, (it would ascend and descend) just wouldn't move in any direction laterally, but keep in mind that was over 4 years of flying and more than 350 miles of flight. The new Mavic is a beast in high winds, I've flown it in 35 mph sustained with gust over 40 mph and it handled it well.

For personal use, I had a Air 2 and I currently have a Mini 3 Pro. They're both great drones, I only got rid of the Air 2 because I found that the Mini 3 Pro could take some pretty windy days and still be alright and I liked how small and quiet it was as well as being able to fly it in some instances where heavier drones are not allowed. If you think you're going to use it a lot, get the DJI RC with the screen integrated into the controller and I also recommend the fly more package that comes with 3 batteries. If you're not sure you're going to use it a lot, then just get the controller that uses your phone for the display and don't buy extra batteries until you know if it's for you.

If you're worried you're going to crash it, I recommend DJI care refresh, it's really a pretty good deal, I only got it on the first one (Phantom) and never had to use it, but it gave me peace of mind. (Just make sure you don't loose it in a lake or something, you have to be able to send back the crashed drone.)

Prices are on the website and don't worry too much about the range, if you can see the drone, the controller is firmly locked on, you're not supposed to fly it out of your view, technically it's not legal. If you're using one to check livestock, they'll be spooked at first unless your flying a Mini 3 Pro very high (400') above them, it's almost silent at that height.

Yes, I'm aware that there are new models, Air 3 and Mini 4 Pro, I'm sure they're better in many ways, I just don't have any experience with them directly, but I wouldn't be afraid of owning either one.

I recommend buying from the official DJI site: https://store.dji.com/list/camera-drones?category=101%3D101.202.304&...

If you're on a tight budget, I wouldn't be scared to buy from DJI Refurbished: https://store.dji.com/pages/refurbished
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)