AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Trimble autopilot install STX 375 issues
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

Joe@RFDG
Posted 5/5/2024 10:17 (#10729345 - in reply to #10729005)
Subject: RE: Trimble autopilot install STX 375 issues. ~Resolved~

Glenwood, Mn

tlarson4430 - 5/4/2024 10:57

In 2020, Trimble switched to ATOS valves on some of the 4WD hydraulic kits. There is a bulletin to change the CLR TAP manually from 3 to 4 if you have the new ATOS valve.  Or you can load the latest (v15.70 or newer) profile that has CLR at 4 by default.

The latest NAV firmware is v13.75 but the profile firmware release version is a separate iteration.  You can load newer profile versions to older NAV firmware without issue, as far as I'm aware.

TLDR:  Switching the CLR TAP setting from the default 3.0000 to 4.0000 works like a charm.

Rest of the story.  Woke up this morning and updated the NAV2 to 13.75 thinking that there may be newer vehicle profiles.  Update went well.  Vehicle profiles are the same.  Vehicle profiles 13.91 look the same as well although I did not try.  Nothing surprising there.  As 10.13 on the FMX is recommended to go with 13.75 no harm there I thought anyways.  Went to calibrate.  Per before, would perform SLEW and DZ calibrations without errors.  Again, thinking this is probably an issue with the amp draw in the NAV or what it's expecting to see.  Makes sense, if it's looking for an 8 ohm coil and it has a 3 ohm it's probably going to freak out in operation.  Changed the TAP setting from the default 3.0000 as tlarson4430 recommended to 4.0000 and it has not errored yet today.   The issue with the profiles that have the default CLR default 4.000 is I would imagine the newer CIH machines.  They use CAN according to the profile so they are not able to be used.  I am happy this issue is resolved and hopefully others can learn from this public knowledge on AgTalk.

Thank you and have a great day

Edited by Joe@RFDG 5/5/2024 12:14
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)