AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Trimble autopilot install STX 375 issues
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

Joe@RFDG
Posted 5/4/2024 17:17 (#10728705)
Subject: Trimble autopilot install STX 375 issues

Glenwood, Mn
I self installed an autopilot kit in a 2006 STX 375 4wd in summer of 2021. Nav2 and ez 500. From the get go, I’ve had valve wiring fault code #91 show up. Reportedly a short in the valve coils. Coils are stamped 3.2 ohms and they indeed test out 3.2 ohms so we suspected the NAV or wiring. Keep in mind brand new install. The issue went away temporarily and would only show up if machine was cold. It was tolerable and had a work around(warm up the tractor) so we left it be. This spring sent the nav to ag express and it checked out. We also put an fmx 1000 in the machine with factory wiring harness and direct to the battery. Fault is almost permanently on. Will do it both left and right. Swapped coils and doesn’t seem to affect the outcome. Both coils still test at 3.2 ohms. When doing slew test/calibration will function fine and calibrate. When doing an on swath engagement will work until it gets close to the line then will fault out. When doing classic will fault immediately when direction changes. Can be going left and be fine until it needs to go right. Will go right until it needs to go left. Always the same code.

Looking at all my other autopilot installs they are all 8 ohm coils. As stated this is 3.2 which a significantly higher draw. This particular valve, ATOS DKZE, has three coil options from the factory. It has 3.2 ohm, 2.2, and 12.7 from the looks of it.

Question, has anyone seen this issue and does/can anyone take a picture of an STX autopilot valve for me? I am suspecting I got a Covid valve with the wrong resistance . My dealer has a call in Monday to Trimble to see.

Edited by Joe@RFDG 5/4/2024 17:18
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)