AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

What to replace a kpm 2 monitor with?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

ljadx160
Posted 4/20/2024 06:59 (#10713165 - in reply to #10713006)
Subject: RE: What to replace a kpm 2 monitor with?

North Central Iowa
The Kinze KPM 3 is capable of more advanced monitoring with the maxbus seed sensors. This could be as simple as switching the KPM3 for your KPM2. As tedbear mentioned, Ag Leader's PMM module can also do that with the maxbus sensors and an Ag Leader display.

HOWEVER, this is all dependent on the age of your sensors. At a minimum they have to be 2013 or newer, and there might be some exceptions to that. Ag Leader has a knowledge base article on the Kinze maxbus sensors part numbers that they believe work reliably for advanced seed monitoring with their PMM system. From that article, some indication KPM3 may be a bit less picky, but from what I understand still have to be 2013 or newer.

I've been running a KPM3 on my Kinze 2600 since I've had it, but the maxbus sensors are certainly older than 2013 (I got the planter in late 2012). So no advanced seed tube monitoring. I've just switched over to Ag Leader Incommand 1200 in the planting/spraying tractor, so put an Ag Leader PMM on the 2600. It reads the old maxbus sensors just fine, but again, no advanced seed tube monitoring. Since it's a 16/32 planter, not rushing to replace 32 sensors all at once. I probably should be looking for takeoffs from newer planters as guys switched over to other sensor types.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)