AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Tall Corn Ethonal
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

yoohoo
Posted 2/10/2010 06:26 (#1067492 - in reply to #1067359)
Subject: Re: Tall Corn Ethonal

NE IOWA/ SE SD
Pacific Ethanol is the only plant I know off the top of my head that is on a stock exchange ( I would not recommend buying that one) The rest are mostly "desk drawer stocks", where you have to acquire a form to fill out to exchange the stock, you have to be the one that contacts the seller to negotiate the price, and the stock purchase has to approved by at a board meeting to be sure it is a fair price. They are not very liquid, which is what I think is continue to hinder a lot of there stock prices.
All dividends (mostly annually) have to be set and approved by the board members. After the Verasun debacle a lot of these plants are gun-shy about paying out dividends. I am trying to pe patients about this.
The first plant I invested in ,in 2003, was a minimum $10,000 (10,000 shares @$1.00), they have since payed a dividend of $1.00 and shares traded last month at $3.00&$3.25.
The second plant was a minimum $25,000 (25 shares @ $1,000 each). The reason for the larger share price was to limited the minimum shares traded at a time, the other plant had problems with people wanting to buy 50 shares at a time. This plant just started in May and there has been no dividend, and shares traded last at $790 (the guy was taken advantage of)

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)