AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Farm machinery auction suggestion
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Bruce NW Ia
Posted 3/6/2024 20:43 (#10654747)
Subject: Farm machinery auction suggestion

Cherokee County, Northwest Iowa
Don't know what prompted me to come up with this idea, but before my farm machinery auction in August, 2019, I asked a long time friend, a retired electrician who lived 2 miles away and knows pretty much everyone, to show up early, and take a few pictures before, during, and after the auction. He took a 5 minute video of the start of the auction with the auctioneers giving their opening remarks on the flat rack, and then he took around 225 still photos. He did a fantastic job- the best ones are of local friends and farmers, in groups of 2-8, just smiling and having a good visit. Every 6 months or so, i think of something, and pull those pictures up to quickly admire them. Sad part tonight is that I knew that 2 of the guys in the pictures aren't with us anymore, just glad i have those pictures of them to remember them by.

Right before the auction started, a neighbor asked if I had anyone lined up to take any drone pictures, I replied no, I had thought of that, but didn't feel like imposing on anyone else. Neighbor said that his son, who I knew darn well was a wiz with drone, was at home 2 miles away babysitting his kids. He called him up, and asked if he could get loose for just a little while and take a few pictures, which turned into about 20 drone pictures. Once again, great shots.

Just thought that I would throw that idea out for someone's consideration someday. Sure glad I did it.

Attached are three pictures from that day. The first one has one friend, one cousin, and 2 neighbors who got drafted to come an hour early and help carry out and load onto some furniture onto a trailer. The second and third pictures are just some examples of the day. The gentleman seated in the middle of the last picture, with his wife in the red shirt behind him, is my cousin, a retired farmer and rancher, who drove over 600 miles from Colorado and showed up, totally unannounced- a prime example of why we should take pictures.

(IMG_0264 (full).JPG)

(IMG_0357 (full).JPG)

(IMG_4995 (full).JPG)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments IMG_0264 (full).JPG (128KB - 132 downloads)
Attachments IMG_0357 (full).JPG (138KB - 117 downloads)
Attachments IMG_4995 (full).JPG (174KB - 127 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)