AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Is a highschool education really useful?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

IHC 1470
Posted 2/29/2024 10:28 (#10645205 - in reply to #10644989)
Subject: RE: Is a highschool education really useful?

Idaho

case - 2/29/2024 06:09 To keep it short, yes For the long, IMO high school is way more than just education. High school is a big social pool that helps kids get ready for life in a somewhat controlled and all kids setting. It's there where you have school dances, interactions between girls and boys, sports, etc. For many the drive to high school and home becomes their first real driving experiences as well. Yes there is something to be said about some of your "education" being done by the 8th grade, but the real learning and hands on is in high school. And besides certain trades, a high school diploma is a pretty important thing to have when you start looking at any job descriptions. College is a while different topic and discussion. But with all due respect, they are your children and only you can decide how to proceed. The above is just my opinion, and I even went on and have a 4 year college degree.

I suspect your memories of HS must differ greatly from mine. I am not sure learning to socialize with others that are trying to learn to socialize at the same time is that great of an idea. 

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)