AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Is a highschool education really useful?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

IHC 1470
Posted 2/28/2024 15:01 (#10643859 - in reply to #10643760)
Subject: RE: Is a highschool education really useful?

Idaho

Midwestfeeder - 2/28/2024 11:57 Interesting point on the social skills. Hadnt considered that

Ever consider home schooling? The youngest son did want to take one year of HS as he was interested in sports. When asked about the book end of it he said it was a total waste of time. The school made him take some test to see if he would even fit in. They may have been SAT or something similar. He scored better on that test then the regular HS students, the school was not at all happy with that outcome!

None of out kids never had any issues with social skills. There are lots of ways that can be brought into the mix. Church, 4H, FFA, volunteering at care centers, just give it some thought. 

One son manages a Fleming Cat dealership, one manages a retreat center, one daughter is a partner in a specialty meat shop and does very well. The others are doing very well in their various fields. 

I went to public school and did complete HS. Found it to be a total bore by grade 12 as there was no real challenge in it. I ended up getting the math teacher to teach me calculus for something to do. Not that I ever used it. I spent most of my time in grade 12 working at the IHC dealership in town. Found that was interesting.   

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)