AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Any opinions on natural gas?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

SodbusterIII
Posted 2/13/2024 05:15 (#10621260 - in reply to #10621240)
Subject: RE: A headwind to ethanol..??

Jon just the way I see it -- IE one man's opinions

For starters I think Ethanol demand in this country has about peaked. Many of the people in the population centers of this country don't like ethanol ( not saying they are correct) just being honest, they view the mandates to use it the same way farm country view the electric car. I do think advancements in EV technology will bring more acceptance to the EV future and bring down price points to all thing involved in EV`s going forward.

It would seem to me that with the price of Natural Gas and it's quick start capabilities that NG would be the choice over coal for base load electricity. Retro fitting plants and pipeline issues could be a hold back but the advantages seem to great over the long term to not push this move.

The push back on SAF from the people who need to fly the planes is much higher than anybody in the group pushing it's use comprehend. IMHO. Statement from a pilot I know. " if you think I'm going up to 40k feet with and depending on a fuel that does not perform in my car at 15 degrees your crazy.

So there is that I guess.

I can see a future of EV along the coast of this country, and ethanol in the middle and North but population does not favor the middle and North.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)