AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Trading
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

SeniorCitizen
Posted 2/6/2010 19:28 (#1061624 - in reply to #1061388)
Subject: Re: Trading

I re-read it every few months. A long time friend of mine, a Missouri farm boy whose lived most of his life in California was a student of Mr. Longstreet. I cannot recall the date but he introduced me to Mr. Longstreet-through a phone call -and I spent a day in the Longstreet Library ...about the size of a small kitchen but loaded with 'gems' of precious information about most of the markets. It was a great meeting and will always remember...in my day he was a legend as there were a lot of stories about his successes (& losses) ...he could be a pretty large trader for those days.

My California friend retired from the brokerage business a few years after I, and a bit typical of the Longstreet training I gather, is intense about one or two markets (cocoa & sugar) and spends the rest of his time in his greenhouse. We both share a dislike of the phone so emails are a salvation. He hates California to the extent he seldom leaves his property but he bought that very nice property so cheaply many years ago...can't bring himself to sell it...also is tight as a drum, I think he still drives a Mercedes which is older than a couple of our children. A little eccentric, wife was in a few Elvis movies..she is now an artist & both are now convinced the bulk of the idiots in the world have moved to California...I might add he is an arch-conservative Republican which also makes them sort of outcasts in their pricey neighborhood.

Edited by SeniorCitizen 2/6/2010 19:29
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)