AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Hey Ford
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

piperfarmer
Posted 1/20/2024 09:53 (#10583848 - in reply to #10583834)
Subject: w t heck timis,

southeast nebraska
timis - 1/20/2024 09:47

You bring up a good point. Sometimes it’s an indoctrinated ceo that will try to force a square peg into a round hole, other times (and I think it’s getting more common) those companies cannot get financing because their banking partners are either convinced it’s the way of the future or they are politically motivated to push an agenda. It be much like your local bank saying they won’t finance people to buy tillage tools - those that the bank holds all the cards with would be forced into no till.

It’s been said here many times that when the bank starts telling you how to farm you should probably look for another bank. That’s relatively easy to do as there are numerous banks that could absorb farm sized operations. How many banks are actually in the market to take on a company like ford or gm? Granted they have multiple funding streams, but the portfolio is pretty limited.

Last point is that a lot of the world’s problems are being created by those “that know” but have never done. Lots of kids running things that have zero real world experience but were put in a position from a college degree, which in many cases has the value of toilet paper. The days of the guy that started on the assembly line and grew to the top are gone, now the guy at the top oks things that makes everything suck for those below them. Kinda like the engineer who builds things where 1/2 the vehicle has to be taken apart to get to a common wear item - never turned a wrench, but by golly I know how to build it. Henry ford often said that his growing up on a farm is what helped him so much - practical stuff.

you should almost be ashamed of yourself for posting this, it was full of common sense and good points

really almost not appropriate anymore to post something that makes this much sense

next your gonna say I can't be a female pony if I feel like I want to be a female pony
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)