AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Sell on good basis and reown
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

Mr.Grain
Posted 1/20/2024 00:46 (#10583403 - in reply to #10582939)
Subject: RE: Sell on good basis and reown

Palmtopper - 1/19/2024 18:19

Exit strategy ? What does that mean?

Did you have exit strategy when pumping last 2 yrs of all time highs?

It is what are you going to do if you are wrong. How will you decide to get out if it goes up?

Lots of times an exit strategy will consist of a time or price/price factor trigger.

Such as going to go long March corn at 4.45

Will place a good to cancel stop at 4.35, target price of 4.85, no Feb 21st before first notice day if I haven’t met my objective nor my stop has got hit, I will roll my stop up to a 2 cent trailing stop and exit MOC before first notice day

Palmtopper in 2022 some grains did make new all time highs……others flirted with them……I correctly called sunflower high 9 months before it happened…….and helped farmers drive the price there

Also publicly called the stock market low on Oct 13th 2022

Obviously when corn market drought broke, forecasts changed, heat didn’t come and we left the bearish harmoni on the charts, our exit strategy was to take profits on the technical trigger for long calls, futures, while flipping over to long puts and short calls on confirmation.

So our exit strategy was waiting for STOCH to go overbought along with a candle stick reversal after a weather scare rally, or without a reversal breaking the 5 day moving average on a closing basis after a 15 cent spread between the 5 and 35 or by June 28 which ever happens first

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)