AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

If it wouldn't of happen
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

Newguy
Posted 2/4/2010 22:10 (#1058338 - in reply to #1057546)
Subject: RE: If it wouldn't of happen

Renville Minnesota

Every thing has its cycle.  How much worse will it get is what the question should be.  Maybe not much, maybe allot, I dunno.

I watched my college buddy's ten years ago buy houses because for one, they could, for two "ya cant go wrong".  For the life of me I could never figure out how they do it? A high school teacher with a spouse in HR could afford a 300k house, two new cars in the garage, and furnishings throughout......At 27 years of age.  Now I know, they couldn't.

So heres where we are at now.  Ok, go back a month.

Gotta buy gold  "ya can't go wrong".

Today :  Gotta buy land "ya can't go wrong".

I dunno bout you fellers, but buying things at all time highs just don't fit my idear of logical financial moves.....Just an opinion of a small fry.

Im sick of looking at equipment.  Been looking at upgrading combines, new sprayer, wider land roller.  Prices = Yuck!   Im at the point of saying p on it, run em another year, see what happens.  Last couple years have been good to me, and by looking at land prices, Quarter million dollar planters, quarter million dollar combines (on the cheap side), Quarter million dollar sprayers (thats the one that gets my goat), the neighbors have been making money too.  Starting to think maybe Im the worlds worst marketer, but leaning more towards "how do they do it"?

The wife n me are going to Kaui tommarow to shack up with my neighbor at his time share for a week.  I think I'll actually make money by getting the heck outa here.  Hopefully come back and decide to say the heck with machinery.....It looks no better than gold IMO.

Take care!  Im outa here!

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)