AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

ethanol in brazil
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

white shadow
Posted 1/19/2024 18:04 (#10582917 - in reply to #10582602)
Subject: RE: Show me the CI formula.......

East Central South Dakota
I want to participate, so show me the formula, so I can figure out my score. Show me what the Carbon Intensity score is for farmer X that no-tills with four passes and uses x amount of nitrogen, phosphorous and potash, uses x in his chemical program and markets his crop x miles away to market. You seem to know so much about carbon intensity scores. Show the methodology.

I have done the deep dive, and it is a fantasy land built on assumptions, arbitrary bureaucracy and political ideology-----mainly political ideology centered upon redistribution of wealth. You can't give me a formula because one doesn't exist. Everyone reading this thread sees your failings in being able to calculate a score. You say Government is working through the details-----what a joke. Are foreign countries going to follow the details our government come up with or is it going to be like coal generation----for every coal generation plant we shut down China builds five. The Berkely study on ethanol carbon impact applied a carbon penalty on USA producers for indirect land use in South America. That is what you are advocating. The Brazilians will get access to our markets with a lower score because our score is higher because we are accessed a penalty for them breaking up new lands for ethanol production----sounds fair to me.***** Today, carbon scoring are case studies done in academia that are full of false assumptions and manmade arbitrary rules of government ideology to support the carbon fantasy.

There are standard agronomy practices in place to lower our carbon footprint. As of today, there is not a formula, modeling or procedure to quantify those practices into a carbon score. You want people to give up their Constitutional rights over eminent domain, let their land be tore up and put their families and community at risk for a fantasy the government is still working the details on. The fraud in crop insurance will be a joke compared to the fraud involved in this thing. Who has to pay for the millions of dollars in audit fees. The administrative cost to implement this thing will be cost prohibitive and other countries simply won't do it. Today there are no details, there are no formula's and there are no honest carbon numbers, only a fantasy to rape taxpayers and redistribute wealth.

Edited by white shadow 1/19/2024 20:19
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)