AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

scale ticket discrepancies
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

Gary Lyon
Posted 2/3/2010 23:26 (#1056792 - in reply to #1056567)
Subject: Re: scale ticket discrepancies

Southeast Wyoming

John In Ontario - 2/3/2010 20:03 Scales can have problems. I have heard of people having more problems with once set of axle configurations than others because one load cell in the critical place for that configuration was bad, always weighed a couple tonne light. If you have a concern after a few tickets, I would tell the manager, and ask to weigh out over both scales to make sure they are the same, if they don't want to let you, I would tell the manager you are going to call your state or federal (I don't know which is responsible for weights in TX) weights and measures office and complain that there scales appear to be out.

It sounds as if most here suspect the port scales.  Isn't there an even chance that it is the scales on the loading end?

I haven't see anything about the local scale distance from the bin.  Some distance travelled to and from the bin will burn some fuel and add to the "loss", unless a driver happens to fuel the truck between the tare and gross weights.

Years ago some truck drivers lost credibility because they always loaded in the late afternoon and delivered the next morning.  The story went that they kept the hens and the hogs fed that way.

I loaded wheat late last year in a snow storm and had a real mess in the trailer when I went to use it next.  I made the shipper aware that I had "made off" with 2-3 bushels of wet wheat.  I have a WalMart sack of sunflowers in the pickup now that I bagged in CO before loading corn - the signs say DOT has no sense of humor about cleaning out trailers on the highway, and ADM will not allow you clean out over the pit as it takes time and keeps their help away from sweeping floors.  :-)

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)