AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Any feed additive like the old aureomycin crumbles???
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

JD_Cattle
Posted 1/10/2024 17:17 (#10566895 - in reply to #10560934)
Subject: RE: Any feed additive like the old aureomycin crumbles???

Wright County, MN

I don't buy VFD produtcs by the pallet.  Pretty sure that would not fit within my VFD.  I've gone through so much lately that I said I've thought about buying it by the pallet.  Not a small difference in terminology.  I couldn't buy more than my VFD allows even if I wanted to.

I never said I have a blank VFD and that I can do whatever I WANT.  I said I buy whatever I NEED after I stated I have a VFD. 

My VFDs have gone unchanged since they were first written.  If they have been changed, it was subtle changes that maybe were required along the way.  I don't know.  There has been no reason for me to ask for a change.  They need to be renewed every 6 months.  Exactly the same as the one Garvo just mentioned he has.  Actually, one of mine is for Tylosin also.  Tylosin is an antibiotic, so are the crumbles.  As far as I know the FDA has never made any distinction between the 2 as far as VFD requirements.  I honestly don't know for sure.  No one with any knowledge on the subject has ever told me otherwise and obviously here isn't the place to find an answer.  Possibly some veterinarians treat them differently because one is continuous and the other isn't? 

I feed the crumbles according to label directions.  My vet knows this.  He trusts me or he wouldn't allow the VFD.  I don't feed Aureo crumbles continuously.  Only as needed, not just for fun.

If you read through the FDA requirements that I posted the link to you may come up with a different interpretation and decide to do it differently.  Whatever.  I don't care.  The important thing is that you work with a vet.  I don't think any vet is going to stick his neck out by writing an illegal VFD.  At least not any that I know.

Some of you got upset at the quotes that were loosely attributed to me.  Swing and a miss-quote.  They weren't quotes.

Edited by JD_Cattle 1/10/2024 17:20
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)