AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

What are you plowing/pushing snow with this winter?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 1/8/2024 09:43 (#10563034 - in reply to #10562938)
Subject: RE: What are you plowing/pushing snow with this winter?

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
dmann - 1/8/2024 08:44

I use a 1025r with a snow pusher blade and when it gets really deep put on the front mount snowblower

I'm in good shape since I'm retired so I really don't have to get anywhere and live on a well traveled road. I have a small tractor with a loader and bucket which is fine for the sidewalks etc. My nephew and his sons live close and since they have more of a need, they clean their places out first and get to mine as time permits. They have a fair amount of livestock which must be tended to so sometimes this takes a while.

They have several loaders and a rear mounted snow blower on a Deere 7830. They have one of those pusher blades made out of an old track from a tractor for pushing manure around the feedlot. It works well for snow as you can push a considerable amount each pass. They then use the blower for touch up in the difficult areas. The snow blower is a bit more difficult to work with since the operator's vision is often compromised. The rubber track on the front blade is more forgiving as it can hop up over concrete pads etc without doing the damage the blower might.

Got some snow coming to the west of me right now. Barely a dusting so far this Winter.

Edited by tedbear 1/8/2024 09:44
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)