AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

micotil in a bag?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

farmforever
Posted 1/1/2024 00:13 (#10551587 - in reply to #10551431)
Subject: RE: micotil in a bag?

Central MN
Avoid inhalation, oral exposure, and direct contact with skin or eyes. Operators mixing and handling Pulmotil should use protective clothing, impervious gloves, goggles, and a NIOSH-approved dust mask. Wash thoroughly with soap and water after handling. If accidental eye contact occurs, immediately rinse thoroughly with water. If irritation persists, seek medical attention. Not for human consumption. Keep out of reach of children. The Material Safety Data Sheet contains more detailed occupational safety information. To report adverse effects in users, to obtain more information, or to obtain a material safety data sheet, call 1-800-428-4441.

All I found safety wise.... Granted all stuff has similar labels in sure. But not sure I'd want be breathing that in all the time...

I've considered trying it However most places don't carry it and two has interesting rules. For instance cannot be used with or after another macrolide has Already been used. So if anyone is mass treating let's say unvaccinated bawlers with draxxin, zuprevo or zactran etc on arrival they cannot receive pulmotil according to label. If there are individual trested calves they should be pulled from pen in theory as well prior to feeding. It cannot be used within 3 days of non macrolides so tetracylines baytril nuflor etc. Must be started within 45 days of the start of the feeding period. How they can prove these things is debatable but if you were to be audited on a VFD they could ask for a lot of documentation if they're sticklers.

From my perspective even an audit for the vet writing the script the rules get dicey as in there really isn't any Grey area its very cut and dry so I think I would need to have said documentation as well to cover myself otherwise it's negligence to write that script.

Edited by farmforever 1/1/2024 00:20
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)