AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Good base for Tandem
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

pbutler
Posted 12/26/2023 11:34 (#10542167 - in reply to #10542145)
Subject: RE: Good base for Tandem

Macon, IL
No offense but I can make a lot more money at my day job than I can driving a semi. Also I don't have CDL myself. If it were only about $ I should hire out my whole farm and work more in the office-but I am sure that would get me (justifiably) called a "lazy farmer".

Splitting my time between farm and job has allowed my farm to grow significantly over the past couple decades-not sure I could have done that just supervising and texting people orders-its been good to my family. I am 100% sure we are much better off financially having the farm operation as well as the day job-will undoubtedly allow me to retire earlier and focus 100% on farming. I do 90% of my own wrenching-so I prefer to be close to combine and catch the things early-fix, etc. And yea, I enjoy the hell out of it. I guess if you are living your life around istant ROI and $ rate I should never have started farming-some told me that but damn glad I didn't listen-long term thinking wins in the end.

I don't have a combine driver that I trust to run more than a few hours-he just doesn't have the experience.

I have 5 reliable tandem truck drivers i can call any day-0 semi drivers. Kinda dumb not to utilize those guys.

Ever consider maybe every operation isn't exactly like yours? Different constraints, etc.?

Edited by pbutler 12/26/2023 11:39
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)