AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Good base for Tandem
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

pbutler
Posted 12/25/2023 11:29 (#10540703 - in reply to #10540508)
Subject: RE: Good base for Tandem

Macon, IL
I run 52k plates on my other 2 tandems so expect will on this one as well.

I have an older IH with a rebuilt 466 and Allison I put in a few years ago-loud and kinda ugly but super reliable-not a ton of power. My other truck is a Freighligner FL60 with the baby cat. Its a nice truck-but kinda doggy too.

Pretty flat here but we only use 1 truck in beans-most days we use two in corn and hire a semi or two from ADM if we can get them. After 20 years of many junk straight trucks, gassers, all we have been through-farm has grown and I would like 1 really nice truck with good power-then the IH can serve as stand by only when we can't get ADM trucks.

I would like something with 350+ horsepower-preferably Allison auto-but considering some of the "automated" transmissions-tons out there but have heard enought horror stories they make me nervous. Shops that work on those are quite a ways from here. Good local guys to do pre-def engine work or work on Allisons.

One other criteria I do have-no more tag axles. Sick of dealing with them-driver forget to put them up and down-had a bunch-only one left is on the little freightliner.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)