AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

1206 farmall
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

redhunter
Posted 12/23/2023 21:41 (#10538510 - in reply to #10538077)
Subject: RE: 1206 farmall

Owensville, MO
My entire childhood on the farm centers around this tractor. When dad bought it in 1977 the biggest tractor in the neighborhood was a 656. Everyone wondered what anyone would need that much tractor for. Dad had an excavating business at the time and bought it specifically to pull a heavy Taylorway offset disk on new ground that he had cleared. Had been pulling it with his D5 but undercarriage was too expensive to be discing ground with it. He also did a lot of custom moldboard plowing and offset discing for other farmers with it. First pic I believe was around 1980 give or take when mom took him lunch at a custom plowing job. Dad was about 34 then. I restored it for him about 8 years ago now and the last pic was taken last spring when he was doing some discing there at the farm. He hasn't done the best at keeping it shined up since it has been redone but he says he would much rather work it than wash it. To this day I don't think he enjoys anything more than working ground with "The Twelve".

Joe

Edited by redhunter 12/23/2023 21:42

(IMG_0172 (full).jpeg)

(IMG_0169 (full).jpeg)

(IMG_2791 (full).jpeg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments IMG_0172 (full).jpeg (115KB - 151 downloads)
Attachments IMG_0169 (full).jpeg (181KB - 149 downloads)
Attachments IMG_2791 (full).jpeg (189KB - 140 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)