AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

USDA Proposed 2011 Budget Link
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

Pat H
Posted 2/2/2010 08:25 (#1053846 - in reply to #1053079)
Subject: Re: USDA Proposed 2011 Budget Link

cropsey, il 61731
Ok, internet and less corn chips will bring jobs and a healthy lifestyle. I've previously posted about the internet thing - it was great before government intervention (actual competition where poor service meant no business) and now the gov't may support a few companies good at getting grants that want to line their pockets... I mean serve america. Their websites don't even suggest pricing - why bother I guess, it's not their focus. Healthy food? - can't use foodstamps for doritos anymore? Once again the gov't trys to do things it can't. This country needs parents really bad.

On the insurance side, I see we all have to allow the FSA to access IRS information. I would guess most of us have fairly complex tax returns and if FSA decides the 1040 line 37 AGI is not the number to use, what do they use? Another thing I've noticed is that I have several 'agents' competing for my insurance business and I'm small potatoes - there must be really good money in it and likely a little too much for the work involved. I've only had one agent actually work out a plan that included marketing in an attempt to make the policy make sense. The rest of agents usually make me fill out all out the forms and they usually have some input errors (wrong farms combined, wrong acres, wrong whatever). I don't mind the agent making a buck, but it appears to be out of line right now. As far as gutting the program, if liberals/Obama types somehow remain in power they may not like the personal choice offered by insurance and gut it in favor of a farm program with more gov't control.

Thanks,

Pat
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)