AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Making EZGuide 250 work with a Micro Trak Spray Mate II auto rate controller
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

4th GenerationFarmer
Posted 12/21/2023 09:26 (#10534659 - in reply to #10534620)
Subject: RE: Making EZGuide 250 work with a Micro Trak Spray Mate II auto rate controller

NWC Ohio
Not sure what products you’re mixing that would require tank agitation, but if you need that then yes making sure pump is large enough for that also is key. Mine doesn’t require tank agitation.

My drill I run 5.5-6 mph at 6 gpa through 24 rows. With a 7 gpm pump full on when on. Servo had to be moved to bypass line (to agitation or back to pump suction line). It would not restrict enough in my initial inline plumbing to get my application rate down to my target 6gpa. I had a throttling valve set at 40 psi plumbed in also knowing I had an oversized pump to help let off the extra flow and subsequent pressure from it. So I had to put the servo in the bypass line, replaced the throttling valve, so it could regulate the excessive flow/return, and control my rate that way. Yes my 7 gpm pump is overkill but it’s what I had. Same with my rate controller, it was available at the time. The system has worked fine for a few years now.

My corn planter has an electric pump driver module that varies the speed of the pump to regulate the flow and gpa rate on my corn planter. Pump never runs full on unless I’m priming it or purging the system. It does not have any return flow, nor does it have a servo valve. I like this system a bit better knowing that I don’t run any mixture that requires tank agitation.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)