AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Making EZGuide 250 work with a Micro Trak Spray Mate II auto rate controller
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tkoppel
Posted 12/21/2023 08:53 (#10534620 - in reply to #10534528)
Subject: RE: Making EZGuide 250 work with a Micro Trak Spray Mate II auto rate controller

Sanilac Co. Michigan
4th GenerationFarmer - 12/21/2023 08:08

Call MicroTrac and they can get you all set up.

On your drill pump setup, I’d recommend using MicroTrac’s electric pump driver to vary the speed of the pump for your GPA rate instead of running the pump at 100% and using the 1” servo valve to control the flow that way. You’re working with such little flow for that rate and speed that the 1” servo will have issues with pinching the flow down especially when you slow down for turns and such. If you decide to wire it with pump full on and use the servo to adjust flow you will need to plumb it as a bypass system and put the servo in the bypass line. I learned this with my drill.

I haven’t tried the SureFire metering tubes yet, but certainly would consider them, especially on a drill application with such small flow out each row. I’m using check valves and orifices at 6 gpa and rarely have an orifice plug, but it does happen. But they clean out easy. The metering tubes would eliminate this issue.

Wow, thanks for the reply! Yes, I talked to the guys at MicroTrak and think I've got the speed/guidance thing figured.

Didn't know they had an electric pump driver, that didn't come up in conversation. Guess I figured with a 4.5gpm pump and an application of 10 gpa I'd have plenty of flow across a 15' drill with 24 runs to support that and a little tank agitation. I'll look into the pump driver and see if that's a better, simpler solution.

Did talk to the guys at Surefire and it looks like I'll use the green metering tubes. Really want to get rid of the orifices.

Edited by tkoppel 12/21/2023 08:56
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)