AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Respiratory problems after going to the veterinarian.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

69zfarmer
Posted 12/21/2023 07:21 (#10534429)
Subject: Respiratory problems after going to the veterinarian.

North Central Alabama
I bout 5 young Angus cows from a friend on 11-27. He raised the cattle and has a very small closed operation and no other cattle around. The cattle were in great shape and 2 of them had calves by there side. The next day i took the other 3 to the vet to get them pregnancy checked. They were all bred.
So i bring them back to my place (Ihave a closed herd and no cattle join me) and turn them out with my small herd. 14-15 days later i noticed 2 of them were by them selves in the woods away from the rest. So after about 2 days i finally find time to get them to barn.
I then take them to the vet and they are very sick with a fever, diarrhea and running nose. Any way after 2 rounds of different Antibodies (Nuflor 1st. then 3 days later Zactran) One of them after (aborting her calf) is eating and drinking. The other one is still not eating or drinking.
I am just trying to figure out how they caught it. They did go through a pretty big change moving to my place. I am thinking vet after 14-15 days later before first
symptom ? We have a great vet and i would never accuse anyone. Just trying to make sence of it. I will be very lucky if i dont loose them i know.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)